The committee considered the proposals of the applicants from the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy for the academic Jewish Studies Internship for Advanced Students and Junior Faculty at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 2020.
The proposals were discussed on March 5, 2020. The internship opportunity was granted to the following researchers:
- Anastasiia Chebotarova, MA student, research topic: “Gender Aspects of the Holocaust in Ukraine. Memory and Narration”;
- Yevheniia Kifenko, MA student, research topic: “Representation of the Holocaust in Ukrainian History Textbooks for High Schools”;
- Yelyzaveta Muchnik, MA student, research topic: “The Journalistic Activity of Vladimir Ze’ev Jabotinsky in Italy in 1891–1901”;
- Kseniia Yerofeieva, MA student, research topic: “The Charitable Organizations of the Jewish Communities of Berdychiv from the Middle to the End of the 19th Century (Based on the Pinkasim of Berdychiv)”;
- Nadia Ufimtseva, PhD student, research topic: “Practices of Reading and Using Jewish Books: A Case-study of Kamianets-Podilskyi Jewish Community”;
- Vitaly Chernoivanenko, professor at the Department of History, research topic: “Omeljan Pritsak and Jewish Studies.”
The Ukrainian Association for Jewish Studies congratulates the winners and wishes them to make new discoveries in the libraries and archives of Israel.
The internship program was organized by MA Program in Jewish Studies at the NaUKMA and the International Center for University Teaching of Jewish Civilization at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and supported by the Nadav Foundation and Ukrainian Association for Jewish Studies.